Congratulations to the 2022 Don Little Memorial Scholarship Winners!
May 15, 2022We proudly announce the two recipients of the 2022 Don Little Memorial Scholarships. Haley Dahl from Belvidere, IL and Jacob Harris from Pittsboro, IN. Congratulations!
Don Little Memorial Scholarship Fund
Feb 12, 2022The BLET’s Illinois State Legislative Board is currently accepting applications for its Don Little Memorial Scholarship Fund, which was established in 2013. Two $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to applicants whose parent or guardian is a BLET member in good...
Call To Action!
Mar 11, 2021March 11, 2021 Brothers and Sisters, Once again, I am asking you to rise to the occasion, once again a call to action! The Illinois House Bill HB2524 – VEH CD- FREIGHT TRAIN LENGTH has been assigned to a committee and we MUST “slip” this committee as a proponent...
Train Length Legislation
Feb 16, 2021February 16, 2021 Brothers and Sisters, First, a little news regarding some recent legislative developments within Illinois. SMART- TD has spear headed and introduced train length legislation in multiple states throughout the US. Small variations in the exact language...
Covid-19 Mishandling Reporting
Mar 25, 2020Brothers and Sisters, Please exercise all caution during this COVID 19 pandemic emergency. I am asking you to report to me any practices at your respective railroads that are contrary to the recommendations of the CDC or Illinois Department of Public Health. I will...
- NORFOLK SOUTHERN PROMISES A SAFETY UPGRADE THAT CRITICS SAY FALLS SHORT OF WHAT’S NEEDED AFTER A FIERY TRAIN DERAILMENT IN OHIO
- Locomotive Engineers Are Onboard For The Bipartisan Rail Safety Act of 2023
- Railroads offer paid sick days, schedule changes to retain employees
- Durbin Shows Support For Rail Employee Benefits Improvements
- 2023 Chicago Federation of Labor Chicago Endorsements
- STB rejects UP’s request for confidentiality in embargo case
- 2023 Don Little Scholarship Applications
- Some Montana Rail Link engineers question contract with BNSF Railway
- Illinois commission OKs grade crossing projects in four counties
- Class I employment grew 4.4 percent in November