Rail safety legislation: Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) has continued to speak publicly about his desire to move forward the Brown-Vance rail safety bill (S. 576). The bill would need 60 votes to clear a procedural hurdle and be considered on the floor. On the House side, the ASLRRA’s Legislative Policy Committee members and ASLRRA’s Government Affairs team continue to engage with offices to show concern about the Senate measure should it pass the Senate and move to the House – or if the House takes up any of the several safety bills that have been filed since the East Palestine derailment.
- Dow Rips Norfolk Southern’s Bid To Share Derailment Cleanup.
- ACC wants STB to look into Class I liability requirements for hazmat shipments
- UAW Goes on Strike Against GM, Ford and Stellantis
- TEAMSTERS STAND WITH UAW FOR FAIR CONTRACT AT BIG 3 AUTOMAKERS
- J.B. Hunt acquiring BNSF Logistics’ brokerage unit
- FRA advisory: High-impact wheels damage rails, track structures
- Compare and contrast as they say…
- TEAMSTERS RELEASE AUTONOMOUS VEHICLE POLICY FRAMEWORK
- Union Pacific’s new CEO won’t forego cuts as he works to improve safety and service at the railroad