95th General Assembly
- Bill Status of HB5159 95th General Assembly – Railroad Police Misconduct
- Illinois General Assembly – Bill Status for SB1738 – Local Community Rail Security Act of 2007
94th General Assembly
- Illinois General Assembly – Bill Status for SB2865 Asks for Cameras to monitor automobile traffic at crossings – Enacted into law Public Act 094-0771
- Illinois General Assembly – Bill Status for SB 2243 Concerns Railroad Police Passed into law – Public Act 094-0846
- Illinois General Assemble – Bill Status for HB4344 Asks for passage of the Mid-West High Speed Rail Compact Enacted into law as Public Act 094-1077
- Illinois General Assemble – Bill Status for HB5220 – Addresses IDOT owning “Rolling Stock” Passed into law – Public Act 094-0807
This is by no means a complete list of active legislation. To look up active legislation for any bill that you are interested in go to the following web sites:
[column size=”1/2″ last=”1″]
Note-Most of the laws that pertain to Railroads can be found under Title 45 and Title 49.
- THOMAS — U.S. Congress on the Internet for Federal legislation.
- State of Illinois – Government Section for State of Illinois legislation – Use this site to look up Public Acts and Statutes.
- Illinois Compiled Statutes – Chapter 610 – Railroads
Search and Download U.S. Code from the United States House of Representatives Site below:
- Office of the Law Revision Counsel
- View Public Laws on the Library of Congress web site – click here
Contact your Senators and Congressmen:
- Senator Richard J. Durbin
- Senator Mark Kirk
- Find your Elected Officials – Project Vote Smart
- Illinois State Board of Elections – Find your elected officials – voter information
United States Congressmen – Illinois: